Author Topic: Recruiting!  (Read 2274 times)

sir_Jolly

• Server Admin
  • I love Sniping heads!!!!
    • View Profile
Recruiting!
« on: September 07, 2012, 09:36:24 AM »
So, I spend a lot of time in US #1, which is personally my favorite server, but, during my time there, I see more people that connect from Europe, South America, Asia and all those other continents than US and/or Canada. I don't speak much languages, other than English,French,Spanish, Portuguese and a bit of Italian, but, I can't speak Chineese or anything like that. How can I recruit these guys if they don't understand what I'm saying? o.O  Is there a possible plugin that can auto-translate whenever I use admin talk? I'd really appreciate help with this, 'cause I'm out of ideas on how to communicate with people that aren't from North America..         Thanks, Sir Jolly  8)
Sir Jolly

Kamikaze Bob

• Server Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Recruiting!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 02:04:30 PM »
I don't speak much languages, other than English,French,Spanish, Portuguese and a bit of Italian,
Hah! Is five not enough for you?  ;)

You mean recruit them for admin?
If we can't communicate effectively with them without hopping to google-translate every sentence then they're not going to work too well as admins. We need to be sure they understand what's required of them, and that we understand what they're up to and how they operate.

If you mean recruiting them for more regular play, or to our other servers, then you could probably have a few pre-translated sentences like "Try our MvM servers!" "Visit our forums!" etc.