odoriferouspace

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 2284 times)

Kamikaze Bob

• Server Admin
    • View Profile
Greetings!
« on: August 03, 2012, 08:32:08 AM »
Hey!
It struck me the other day, that both TF2 and Pwnshop are approaching their 5th birthdays!  :o

So to celebrate the fact, I've come crawling back once more.
I did have some trouble registering to the forum though, I didn't receive an activation email to my Gmail address, though I requested it more than once. I had to swap to hotmail to get it sent through. Maybe that partly explains that lack of activity on the forum? There's certainly a lot of views, but not many posts...

Anyways, my name is Bob, and I will be appearing on a server near you very soon.   8)

Nite

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 12:32:54 PM »
I see, that's an odd error. Maybe GMail has some kind of automatic filtering which won't allow message to go through their server? I'll see what I can do about that...

BrianHalfBrain

• Server Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 08:08:38 AM »
I did have some trouble registering to the forum though, I didn't receive an activation email to my Gmail address, though I requested it more than once. I had to swap to hotmail to get it sent through. Maybe that partly explains that lack of activity on the forum? There's certainly a lot of views, but not many posts...

Hi Bob, I got the same problem when I first tried registering. The second time was successful and I got my activation email (I used a gmail account both times). The problem might have been with the captcha code but I'm not sure

What would be ideal is to have a 'login with steam' option so people could sign in without needing to register. This link http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1430511 has some PHP code that might be able to do it. There are a few other sites that already do steam login and I can see a lot advantages with linking steam ids to forum accounts.